Sr. FinOps Analyst – FP&A
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Financial Analyst/ Associate/ Sr Associate
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation MBA/PGDM
Company Name Amazon
Company DetailsAmazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
· Driving annual budgeting, financial modelling and variable cost productivity processes
· Working closely with accounting and finance teams for month-end Opex accruals evaluating monthly results and variance analysis
· Developing operation metrics, modifying and maintaining operational and design effectiveness of internal controls
· Coordinating with all the Payroll teams in US, Canada, Europe, Japan, China, India and other locations to ensure strong communication, reporting, and best practices are identified, implemented and followed
· Develop benchmarking for cost per payslip for global vendors across locations to identify savings year over year
· Submitting Purchase orders requisitions using the financial models for respective vendors, track variances between actuals invoice amount vs. model
· Communicating with key internal partners (accounts payable team, payroll vendor management team) and payroll vendors to ensure timely and accurate capture of payroll invoices
· Reconciling invoices from Amazon’s imaging system and validating costs with the Master Service Agreements, flag any discrepancies, track on-time payments and following up with vendors for missing invoices. Ensure invoice reconciliation reports are consistent, up-to-date and accurate
· Developing Vendor Analytics dashboard highlighting Vendor Payables/outstanding issues etc.
· Helps define / adhere to policies related to AP and all entities invoices are compliant globally
· Compile weekly and monthly communications and metrics reporting for business partners Maintaining the operational and design effectiveness of internal controls
. Dedicated reviewer and face of Program delivery for cost per payslip (CPP) and related queries
. RFP support – working with VM and PD team to analyze the CPP and preparing comparison sheets.
. Own Country wise CPP and suggest measures to improve metrics / productivity.
. Lead projects in FP&A and drive project automations working closely with Operational Excellence and cross functional teams.
MBA (Finance) and Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting
8-12 years of experience in financial planning, accounting analysis, reporting and business analytics
· Hands on experience in Oracle Financial Analyzer, Oracle Business Intelligence, Cognos Planning, Cognos TM1 reporting.
· Proven project management ability that shows how to organize, find solutions, and follow through to a successful conclusion
· Demonstrable large scale international business analysis experience in fast-paced operations or e-commerce environment
· Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools; advanced computer literacy (Advanced MS Excel);
· Very strong analytical skills and will be very detail oriented
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Independent and entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
· Ability to make decisions based on data analysis
· Can successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
· Track record of dealing with ambiguity
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage escalations of complex problems
· Experience using Oracle Financial Applications & Cognos TM1 reporting (Preferred )
· Ability to comfortably act as a liaison between many teams and management
· Ability to work with staff at all levels of the organization
· Process improvement focus