Senior Financial Analyst
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Finance, Budgeting Manager
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CAMBA/PGDM
Company Name VMware Company
Company DetailsVMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
• Effectively establish a finance business partnership with the IT management team, IT operations and Business communications team and VP of IT shared services.
• Partnering with the Sr. manager, the cost consultant, and the VMW project management team & attend key financial review and planning meetings.• Reconciliation of project costs/expense to GL in SAP, project/expense forecasting and risk analysis. Work directly with accounting to understand GL entries and confirm proper accounting treatment of project expenses.
• Understanding and forecasting impact of IT REW cost and other project elements against the respective expense line.• Work closely with IT Operations and Communications team leadership team to provide monthly and quarterly reporting metrics and variance reporting.
• Provide financial modeling and analytical support related to VMware’s accounting policies of depreciation calculations and other P&L impact of additional IT infra.
• Analyzing, synthesizing and translating data into key strategic inputs and insights that will drive strategic decision making within the Finance and IT Business verticals
• Assist in creation and presentation of project status to the executive management.
• Liaise with cross-functional teams like Corporate, Internal Audit, Treasury, Tax, etc. as needed.
• 6-10 years’ experience in FP&A and Cost Accounting with emphasis in construction project accounting experience.
• Bachelor’s Degreein Business, Finance, or Accounting; an MBA, or CA is preferred.
• Strong financial modeling, spreadsheet, and database skills.
• Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple phased project simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Continuous improvement attitude; ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
• Proficiency in computer-based analysis and complex financial modeling.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle Financials, and Hyperion Essbase or SAP BPC Planning tools.
• Positive, collaborative approach and sound business insight
• Good work ethic and sense of responsibility
Content Development (Chartered Accountant) – Freelancing Opportunity Full Time, Freelance/Homebased