Senior Consultant – Business Consulting Risk – FS – Internal Audit
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CAMBA/PGDM
Company Name Ernst & Young
Company DetailsAs a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Your key responsibilities
• Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
• Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
• Actively establish & strengthen client (functional heads & key influencers) and internal relationships.
• Assist seniors & managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
• Create a positive learning culture, coaches, counsels and develops junior team members.
• Identify & escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements
• Execution on client engagements – Ensure quality delivery as per client requirements.
• Review of working papers & client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
• Identify areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
• Indentify & internally escalate and potential red flags related to the engagement.
• Demonstrate industry expertise (detailed understanding of the industry, trends, issues/challenges and leading practices).
• Preparation of reports/deliverables/status updates/audit committee presentations.
• Demonstrate ability of multi-task and manage multiple projects as directed by the managers.
• Handling data analytics – Access, ACL etc.
• Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures.
• Awareness of internal auditing standards issued by IIA and ICAI.
• Demonstrate an application & solution-based approach to problem solving technique.
• Manage the engagement budgets and support superiors in developing marketing collaterals, business proposals and new solution / methodology development.
• Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
• Attention to detail and mentor young interns and analysts within the practice.
• Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
• Identify and escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client
• Is a client facing role.
Chartered Accountant/Certified Internal Auditor/Masters in Business Administration.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• 3 to 6 years of post—qualification experience in Internal Audits, Business Controls and allied areas. Experience with large consulting firms / or large Corporate.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively discharge supervisory responsibilities.
• Manage small teams – motivate, counsel & develop junior colleagues.
• Demonstrate ability to conceptualize & translate lessons learned on client engagements into relevant training sessions for junior colleagues and contribute to learning & development initiatives.
• Pro-actively identify and escalate counselees not being chargeable on engagements.
• Provide real-time constructive verbal feedback to team members and facilitate timely completion of engagement review forms.
• Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situation.
• Support knowledge sharing efforts and continually improves processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge.