Senior Associate – SOX
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Financial Analyst/ Associate/ Sr Associate
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CACPA
Company Name Flipkart
Company DetailsIn 2007, we started the Flipkart journey by selling books online. But now, over a decade later, our story is quite different. Today, Flipkart is India’s largest online marketplace and one of India’s leading technology powerhouse that is disrupting the way India shops online. What has got us here? The dynamic, passionate and talented folks we call Flipsters! Our core values define our identity and form the basis of our actions and reflect in everything that we do at Flipkart. Values enable us to shape the desired organizational culture in which each Flipster can thrive and be at their best. We believe in taking bold bets and changing the paradigm, having a sense of urgency to solve problems strategically and putting great ideas into action. We look at the world from our customer’s point of view and keep customers at the heart of everything we do. We strive to do the right thing always and be committed to our customers and stakeholders.
The FSGC – Senior Associate, Business Process SOX Compliance will have below high-level roles and responsibilities:
- Central team to design and implement SOX/ICOFR control framework related to Business Process
- Perform comprehensive control design and operating environment reviews for all the in scope Business Processes.
- Guide the team members and review the work performed by the team.
- Maintain central repository for documentation of controls for all the in scope
- Identify gaps in the control process and operating environment for all the in scope
- Take proactive measure to mitigate the gaps and strengthen the business control processes.
- Report SOX Compliance status and required action plan to senior Management of Flipkart
- Coordinate with Internal Audit team and Independent auditors
- Single point of contact for SOX compliance related communication and escalation.
What You’ll Do
Below are the roles and responsibilities of Assist Manager, Business Processes SOX Compliance Team – FSGC:
- Assists the senior management in defining the control objectives and monitoring compliance efforts.
- Manage organization’s compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act. Develops processes to ensure compliance with all SOX requirements.
- Designs and administers internal controls over financial reporting relating business process controls. Reports test results to the top management.
- Review test findings within the Internal/External Audit Team, facilitate the remediation of control gaps, and escalate possible critical issues to the senior management. Serve as a liaison between internal and external auditors. Stays abreast of changes in SOX regulations to ensure timely compliance.
- Identify areas of potential improvement for key processes and procedures and supports the management of the related processes and procedures. Responsible for maintaining and updating all aspects of the internal SOX compliance.
- Responsible for working with different business owners on implementation, execution and compliance with entity level controls. Evaluates the review and analyzes data pertaining to information systems functions relative to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Develop and conduct SOX compliance training to control owners and control operators.
What You’ll Need
Applicants should be a University Degree holder (preferably Master degree), CPA or Chartered Accountant (or equivalent), with 3+ years of experience in SOX/Intern Audit/Internal controls.
- Strong knowledge of SOX, Internal controls. Big 4 public accounting experience or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of the internal control framework (specifically COSO) and a solid understanding of the concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements and ability to assist with documentation of financial process controls to support operational as well as SOX compliance audits, including performing walkthroughs and developing process flow charts.
- Strong risk management experience, including performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
- Experience of solving multiple and complex challenges.
- Exposure in audit planning and execution, controls operation, and handling audit queries with external/internal auditors.
- Strong governance, risk and assurance management background which encompass knowledge of corporate governance, control framework and risk.
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution.
- Ability to guide and train team members.
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Understanding of business drivers and related risk and ability to interpret the relevant management information is appreciated.
- Good communication and Analytical skills
- Having risk and controls mindset
- Ability to challenge and open to different views and opinions.
- Self-starter and ability to manage diverse cultural/ethnic sensitivities.
- Ability to deal effectively with complexity and having focus to details.
- Ability to prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities.
- Quick learner and resilient
Content Development (Chartered Accountant) – Freelancing Opportunity Full Time, Freelance/Homebased