P&I Financial reporting Analyst
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Financial Analyst/ Associate/ Sr Associate
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CACSMBA/PGDM
Company Name BT Global Services
Company DetailsBT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here. We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
As an Individual Contributor to provide financial management covering the following responsibilities:-
- Management of results. This includes managing and preparing month end flash reports, first line variance analysis and preparing management adjustment journals.
- Prepare and present the financial / management reports to the senior finance team
- Perform deep dive analysis
- Work closely with colleagues in the team in Delhi and team in BT UK.
- Role requires strong communication skills as it involves regular interaction with the Senior Finance Team in the onshore.
- Forecasting for the business and product area, including gaining market knowledge, identifying trends in the business, identifying price changes/product launches that will allow forecasting of future results.
- Complying with Sarbox standard results.
- Maintaining adequate backup and ensure data integrity
- Ad-hoc work during the month for specific issues that are identified by the BT team. For example, further detailed and deeper analysis of results, problem identification and resolution. This is a significant part of the role.
- Identifying opportunities to add value to BT’s operation. This will include driving efficiencies in the work area to speed up and improve the quality of output, identifying and introducing new quality reports that add benefit to BT, working with other teams in the area to share knowledge and best practice.
You’ll have the following skills & experience
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Commerce or Professional Finance Qualification (CA/CS/CWA/ MBA)
- Preferably 5+ year’s relevant experience with a MNC, captive units, in dealing with financial results, preparing month end flash, management reporting, contract accounting
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work within a larger team
- Strong Communication / Articulation skills
- Straightforward, trustworthy
- Able to work independently to resolve issues
- Ability to work accurately to tight timeframes
- Able to identify improvement opportunities and introduce these into the immediate work area and also across the wider team
- Flexibility to work in Shifts