Manager – Tax – TMT – Indirect Tax Conslt Standard
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Post Graduation CA
Company Name Ernst & Young
Company DetailsAs a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Your key responsibilities
• Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; responds in a timely manner, displays commitment to outstanding client service.
• Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements -. Analysis & Interpretation of Provisions under the Central Excise Act & Rules framed thereunder, Customs Act & Rules thereunder, Cenvat Credit Rules, Service Tax Statute, Provisions pertaining to VAT, issues relating to Classification and Valuation of Goods under Central Excise and Customs, Issues pertaining to Excise Rules, Modvat/Cenvat Credit Rules and Cenvat Accounting, Indirect Tax Compliances including VAT, Service Tax, STPI (b). Coordination with the department for obtaining approvals, registrations, etc.
• Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
• Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
• Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work related issues.
• Coordinates with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
• Provides timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Chartered Accountant / LLB
• 4 – 5 years of post—qualification experience in Indirect Tax.
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership. Work with team members to set goals and responsibilities for specific engagements. Foster teamwork and innovation.
• Drive performance management for self and team.
• Utilize technology & tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery.
• Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas.
• Conduct workshops and technical training sessions for team members. Contribute to the learning & development agenda.