MANAGER – INDIRECT TAXATION
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Others
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name Abbott
Company DetailsAbbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Core Job Responsibilities
1. Legal compliances in relation to GST and old matters of VAT, Service Tax, Excise, etc.
2. Reviewing the processes and drive for automations to ensure best in class compliance processes.
2 | P a g e
3. Critical analytics skills to ensure various Tax accounting implications, like reviewing tax Receivable GLs, ensuring monthly schedules with Financials to ensure no gaps etc. Further, to ensure the Tax GL clearings on monthly basis.
4. Tax planning, research, compliance, reporting and filings, auditing, and communicating with external tax agencies.
5. Evaluate activities, policies, practices, and transactions to ensure they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
6. Partnering with businesses to structure transactions with respect to Indirect tax issues and contribution in critical review of agreements etc.
7. Effective handling of litigations and ensure the clean outcomes.
8. Advisory services to cross functional teams in relation to GST and also for old matters on Service Tax, VAT / CST, Excise and SEZ etc.
9. Finalising the replies, appeals (including drafting) and representing before Appeallate Authorities including Commissioner (Appeals) and Tribunal (Appeals).
10. Liaisoning with Auditors, Consultants and counsels to ensure effective representation/appeals.
11. Play a critical role in IT automations and ensure multiple monthly reconciliations like E-invoice vs various GST Returns, GSTR-2B Recos, GSTR-1 vs 3B Reco, Ewaybill vs E-invoice, GSTR 2A vs 2B etc. and drive for automation of processes to accelerate the team results and making the processes system driven.
12. Effective communication with vendors to ensure clean and full ITC availability to Abbott and bridge the gaps in 2A and 2B data/reco differences with Vendors.
13. Handling internal and external audits i.e. handling SOX audits, departmental audits, assessments etc.
Position Accountability / Scope
This position is primarily responsible for achieving CFS (Corporate Finance) goals, supporting cross functional verticals, drive IT /Automation projects, to represent company before Govt. Authorities. Accountable for delivering the aforesaid results in time bound manner.
Minimum Experience/Training Required
CA with 7-8 years in the field of Indirect Taxes in handling Indirect taxes in large manufacturing company. SAP knowledge is must. Experience in driving Artificial Intelligence (AI) projects, IT automation projects shall be given preference.