Manager – Financial Reporting
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Finance/ Accounts- Head /VP/ GM/ Director
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CACPAACCA
Company Name State Street
Company DetailsState Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
As an Officer you will:
- Perform 1st, 2nd and targeted reviews on client financial statements, NQs, Form N-MFP or other similar forms / activities. Ensure all regulatory filings are made on time; manages draft and support distribution to all parties
- Comprehend the scope of services offered to clients and reviews with the team; demonstrate technical expertise; ensure team meets all client deliverables and manages relationships of assigned clients
- Ensure all controls/checklists and procedures are adhered to as well as make recommendations for improvement
- Proactively manage risk at the business level; feel fully accountable for all steps of the production chain
- Ensure effective use of automation (FundSuite, MCH, Macros, etc.) and make recommendations for current system enhancements
- Oversee the effective coordination of activities between multiple departments within organization, including our global offshoring partners
- Coordinate the research and resolution of any accounting issue, auditor or client comments and/or JV inquiries
- Responsible for reviewing staff level work, as needed
- Participate in the resolution of client issues
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering performance reviews on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, and terminate employment
- Assist with coordination of activities between multiple departments within the organization, including our global offshoring partners
- Draft and update task lists for offshoring partners, ensures all supporting documentation is available to them and acts as primary contact to answer their questions and issues
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and industry deadlines.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
- Desire and commitment to learn technical aspects of each deliverable.
- Ability to communicate with various internal teams to resolve inquiries and understanding when to escalate.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- CA / CPA / ACCA or similar professional qualifications preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ IFRS etc.
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skills
- 10+ years to 12+ years of experience in related Mutual Fund/Hedge fund Financial Reporting /accounting or finance field preferred, including previous experience in managing staff
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund structures, designs & hierarchies, standalone funds, master-feeder funds, 40 Act funds and the role of each entity in the fund structure