Internal Audit Manager(AVP level) with IT Audit experience or CISA Certified – (JR-1376)
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name Clifford Chance
Company DetailsWe are one of the world's pre-eminent law firms with significant depth and range of resources across five continents. As a single, fully integrated, global partnership, we pride ourselves on our approachable, collegiate and team based way of working. We always strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, which include corporates from all the commercial and industrial sectors, governments, regulators, trade bodies and not for profit organisations. We provide them with the highest quality advice and legal insight, which combines the Firm's global standards with in-depth local expertise. Many of the world's leading organisations look to Clifford Chance not just for legal expertise but for advice on business critical issues.
- Completion of audit assignments in accordance with the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Contribute to the preparation of audit programmes suitable for each assignment ensuring that key risks are assessed and controls tested.
- Planning, performing and completing audit assignments in order to fulfil the annual internal audit plan, and to carry out short notice reviews as they arise.
- Make suitable recommendations to address risks or control weaknesses identified. Identify and assess alternatives that might yield further improved efficiency or additional cost savings.
- Apply professional accounting and auditing principles and standards to test and evaluate the financial and operational systems.
- Draft internal audit reports ensuring that all statements including the observations are both factually correct and accurately and fairly reflect the significance of the issue that has been identified.
- In conjunction with other team members, development of new and improved auditing techniques including the use of data analytics.
Skills & Experience
- Chartered Accountant with at least nine years post qualification experience. Should have experience in IT Audits as well.
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit procedures and practice, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management, both orally and in writing, including the ability to interview persons to elicit sensitive information.
- Possession of excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to ensure professional standards are maintained at all times such as will enable the development of close working relationships with a wide variety of individuals within the Firm.
- Maintenance of strict and complete independence from all non-audit operational management at all times. A high standard of integrity in this regard will be expected in relation to all relevant matters.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit, especially legislation changes and developments as they affect the partnership, and of new auditing techniques and practices.
- Ability to see the role in the broader context of the organisation as a whole and its clients and use that knowledge to drive action.
- Ability to schedule and manage own activities, including the ability to work across several audit projects at any one time, in order to accomplish the goals of the Internal Audit function.
- Capacity and willingness to undertake foreign travel to all offices of the business as required, and at times on short notice.
- Aptitude to work independently by self or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and the ability to use these applications to produce high quality and clear documents.
- It would be a distinct advantage for the candidate to have:
- A good understanding of Oracle accounting software.
- Familiarity with data analytics software.
- Experience of working in an international environment.
- Big 4 experience or experience working in similar roles in a Multi-National Corporations
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must
Content Development (Chartered Accountant) – Freelancing Opportunity Full Time, Freelance/Homebased