Indirect Tax Specialist
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Fresher
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Post Graduation CA
Company Name IKEA
Company DetailsThe IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. Our business idea is to offer well-designed, functional and affordable, high-quality home furnishing, produced with care for people and the environment. The IKEA Brand unites more than 200.000 co-workers and hundreds of companies with different owners all over the world. It’s one brand, but it reaches millions of hearts and homes. Our value chain is unique. It includes everything from product development, design, supply, manufacture and sales – and of course it begins and ends with our customers. The IKEA retail business is operated through a franchise system. Today, 12 different groups of companies market and sell the IKEA product range under franchise agreements with Inter IKEA Systems B.V. Any jobs published on this page are offered by different companies operating under the IKEA Trademark.
You have knowledge in these areas:
• Ability to work through others, set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback.
• Expert knowledge of Indirect tax laws in India
• Business-minded with a clear customer focus.
• Ability to set and implement action plans and provide clear direction and follow up goals over a number of years.
• Show the potential to apply tactical and operational thinking.
• Experience of leading in a changing environment.
• Ability to think commercially by balancing efficiency, inspiration and profitability.
• Ability to inspire and engage others.
• Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaborating with others.
• Experienced in creating and implementing short-term plans and following up goals.
• Show the potential to influence in a matrix organisation.
• End to End compliance with all indirect tax laws as applicable like GST and Allied laws.
• Calculation and deposit of taxes and filing of returns accurately and in time.
• Preparation of Purchase and sales registers required for filing of returns and audits.
• Assist store/SO organization in E-way bill procedure.
• Prepare the store/SO organization to deal with GST, compliance with ISD provisions, compliance with Annual audit procedures, filing the report and schedules with tax authorities
• Calculation and deposit of GST under reverse charge, ensuring accuracy of GST TDS provisions.
• Ensuring tax invoices, receipt vouchers, refund vouchers, payment vouchers and other documents required under GST are issued accurately and in time where applicable
• Checking and ensuring that only eligible input credit is taken in GST returns and reconciling it with books to reverse the ineligible credits
• Calculation of state-wise proportionate ineligible input credits pertaining to exempt supplies and inputs meant for non-business purposes and compliance with credit procedures for input tax credit
• Train, educate and mentor store team to ensure that all required transaction tax compliances is done in accurate and timely manner, input credits are availed correctly and appropriately in all locations
• Preparation of Tax schedules and reconciliation, ensuring that tax returns are tallied with books, dealing with statutory and tax auditors
• Reconciliation of revenue and expenses as per books with taxes (GST) paid and disclosed in returns as well as disclosures made in audited financial statements
• Preparation of Input credit register and reconciliation with books.
• Assist Indirect Tax Manager in any other Tax work.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
Group Corporate Finance, Tax & Treasury is responsible for supporting IKEA Group companies with specialist knowledge and solutions in the areas of Corporate Finance, Insurance, Treasury, and Tax. Our main responsibilities are:
• Optimize the IKEA Group capital structure, capital flows, mergers and acquisitions
• Invest in renewable energy and resource independence
• Arrange global insurance programmes
• Manage the IKEA Group overall tax position and a tax control framework
• Define Treasury related principles
• Manage our financial assets and relations with financial institutions
The tax function is responsible for the overall tax position of the IKEA Group and we have the mandate to implement, maintain and enforce a tax control framework, including transfer pricing throughout the IKEA Group. Group Tax consists of a Direct Tax and Indirect Tax team
Content Development (Chartered Accountant) – Freelancing Opportunity Full Time, Freelance/Homebased