Gender No Preferences
Job Role Finance Controller- Head /VP/ GM/ Director
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name UBS
Company DetailsUBS works with individuals, families, institutions, and corporations around the world to help answer some of life's questions – whether through award winning wealth management advisory, investment banking and asset management expertise, or private and corporate banking services in Switzerland*. We're a team of more than 66,000 colleagues, collaborating across all major financial centers in 50 countries**. We strive for excellence in everything we do, and this has awarded us recognition across our businesses. We offer a collaborative, international and diverse working environment that rewards passion, commitment and success – and are regularly recognized as an attractive employer*
1. Ensure completeness and accuracy of global transfer pricing calculations in line with UBS Group procedures. The team member is responsible for calculating accurate and effective transfer pricing, based on verified inputs and in accordance with policies and methodologies laid down by Group Tax.
2. Accurately report (either internally or externally) any type of transaction that impacts the general ledger, profit and loss statements or on/off-balance sheet items and disclosures arising out of a transfer pricing methodology.
3. Chair monthly / quarterly calls with various stakeholders (comprising of Business (Front office), Financial controllers, Group Tax) to review transfer pricing methodologies and ensure operational calculations are in line with expectations. This will require the candidate to develop an understanding of how various services are provided and consumed by different businesses, requiring keen analytical skills and an ability to learn quickly.
4. Ensure monthly scope confirmations, taking place between the CoE and Business are reviewed and understood, ensuring downstream impacts to the configuration of the IT toolset are performed accurately and in line with agreed SLAs
5. Co-ordinate new ‘New Business Demand’ and present through various stakeholders such as business, financial controllers and Group Tax, ensuring they are accurately configured in the calculation engine.
6. Preparation of weekly / monthly control reports in order to provide a granular, consistent report which is reconciled to end reporting systems to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data supplied to downstream stakeholders.
7. Execute appropriate controls and 4-eye reviews ensuring transfer pricing calculations are computed in line with transfer pricing methodologies and that the posting to financial ledgers is performed accurately and in line with monthly close timelines. Where requested, providing additional commentary to aid the substantiation of hard transfer postings and/or period on period movements in HT posting.
8. Report any operational risk items as per the Operational Risk Framework Policy as the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems, or from external causes.
– Recognised CA qualification
– Intermediate knowledge of IFRS reporting and presentation
– 6 to 12 years of product control/ financial control/ legal entity control / transfer pricing or related experience
-Experience of servicing multiple clients of varying seniority and have directly faced various stakeholders like Front office, Business Managers, Group Tax, Legal Entity Controllers
– Group level reporting and legal entity structures experience
– An individual contributor willing to understand detail and have motivation to be bank wide subject matter expert.
– Strong communicator with excellent written and verbal skills in English
– Proficient at excel and preferably MS Access