Gender No Preferences
Job Role Finance Controller- Head /VP/ GM/ Director
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name McGraw Hill
Company DetailsAt McGraw Hill, we are committed to providing an accessible environment for all applicants, including those with disabilities. We are actively working to identify, remove, and prevent barriers so that all individuals will have equal access to our websites and web content.
Your Contribution as the Financial Controller will include:
1. Managing accounting records, evaluating, and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
2. Coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances periodically.
3. Designing and implementing systems & procedures, supervising the consolidation of accounts, and preparing of financial statements. Complete accounting up to finalization monthly, quarterly, yearly and reporting to top management.
4. Ensuring maintenance of statutory books of accounts viz, journal, ledger, cash / Bank book and all subsidiary ledgers in compliance with time & accuracy norms. Administering accounting operations right up to finalization encompassing, devising & implementing improved accounting systems and procedures for enhancing operational efficiency.
5. Credit Control and AR Management: To develop and maintain an efficient Account Receivable information system. Enforce a robust credit control mechanism and policy. Make sure amount gets recovered as per agreed terms and all AR accounts get reconciled periodically.
6. Auditing: Dealing with external and internal auditors, ensuring timely completion of annual financials and completion of all related reports. Interacting with statutory auditors during annual and Tax audits and ensuring that the observations are closed expeditiously and in time bound manner.
7. Define the scope of Internal Audit on quarterly basis and ensure that it gest completed on timely manner, observations are responded and recommendations are implemented.
8. Treasury and Cash Management: Forecast the cash flow on monthly basis and park the surplus funds into short/long term bank deposits efficiently.
9. Taxation: Preparing tax plans and ensuring adherence to compliance calendar pertaining to all direct and indirect taxes. Conversant with GST and Income Tax rules. Handling tax payment & filling of Return – Co-coordinating, filling & submission of timely returns for compliance under income tax and GST rules.
10. Budget Development and Control: Work with various departments and drive formulation of annual budgets, in collaboration with global team members; conducting variance analysis to determine difference between projected & actual results and implementing corrective actions.
11. Financial Analysis: Prepare and interpret a financial dashboard on monthly/periodic/need basis and drive the financial performance of the company. Fulfil the data needs of various stakeholders and support them in their decision making and smooth management of their functions.
12. People Management: Managing and developing own team. Provide feedback and reinforcement; share appropriate responsibilities; define parameters; provide support without removing associate’s responsibility; stay informed and promote accountability.
What you’ll need to be successful:
1. A Chartered Accountant degree certificate
2. 3-5 years of relevant experience as a Financial Controller or as a General Manager Accounts and having a rich financial analysis experience
3. Experience with budget management, accounting, taxation, and cash flow management.