Finance Manager – FOAA
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Finance, Budgeting Manager
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name Amazon
Company DetailsAmazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one. Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind. You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.
1. Leading the month / quarter/ yearend activities of Retail operations including closing of sub ledgers, general ledger account reconciliations, reporting and balance sheet account analysis to deliver the accurate financial statements.
2. Leading financial close review with controllership team including month-end close call, finalization of P&L accounts, Balance Sheet and trial balance.
3. Driving controllership as a function. Responsible for preparing and reviewing the Balance sheet and P&L Schedules for the controllership review. Highlighting and driving the necessary action points.
4. Leading the team to prepare and understand the month end flux analysis for all P&L and Balance sheet accounts with the in depth analysis.
5. Understanding and influencing the design of financial systems. Ensure appropriate financial policies, procedures and internal controls are in place, documented and drive process improvements.
6. Responsible for SOX/ICFR compliance, manage risk assessment, internal control and get the alignment of improvements/changes from leadership/Controllership team. Responsible for ensuring the accounting policies are strictly followed across the business and legal entity.
7. Interact and working closely with the Internal and External auditors on audit related queries and ensure timely completion of the audits.
8. Working closely with the stakeholders to provide high quality deliverables to them. Being the first point of contact to address any escalations.
9. Actively lead strategic initiatives and special projects or process improvement initiatives. Leading the teams to perform and support new business/system launches including UAT.
10. Leading, coaching and developing a team of the financial analysts, staff accountants, team leads and managers across various accounting processes to ensure consistent delivery of the high quality work by the team. This also includes goal setting, performance review management of the team, identifying improvement/ training plans and other related activities.
11. Responsible for Indirect tax (GST) accounting and reconciliations.
12. Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and knowledge in accounting and apply this in-depth knowledge, principles and systems design to recognize complex and unique issues and develop resolution and/or consistently consult with leadership in order to achieve resolution.
· Chartered Accountant (CA) with 10+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on various Sub-ledgers / Accounting Knowledge / Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities
· Strong accounting skills.
· Exceptional leadership skills.
· Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Strong customer focus – both Internal / External
· Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
· Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
· Detail-oriented, well-organized.
· Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills.
– Chartered Accountant with 10+ or more years of post-qualification experience in Month end closing of Books of accounts / working on various Sub-ledgers / Accounting Knowledge / Balance sheet Reconciliation & Reporting activities
– Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
– Detail-oriented, well-organized.
– Ability to readily adapt to and lead through changing environment
– Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
· Retail industry experience (Preferred)
· Experience using Oracle Financial Applications (Preferred)
Content Development (Chartered Accountant) – Freelancing Opportunity Full Time, Freelance/Homebased