Finance Business Partner / Manager
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Others
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name Arcadis
Company DetailsFrom climate change to rapid urbanization, our world is a more complex place. Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles. Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 28,000 people, active in over 70 countries that generate €3.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
- Span of control – Cost Centre.
- Accountable for all aspects of financial management & control for the Business Unit, working to a high level of professionalism, independence and integrity.
- Effective utilization of a centralized shared service team for non-business partnering finance activities (e.g. general accounting, accounts payable, project finance (billing), payroll reporting).
- Act as a trusted business partner to the Business Unit business and region / global functions or other external party to support effective decision-making and resolution of financial issues
- Lead the annual plan and quarterly forecast process with close collaboration with Regions and the Business Unit. Ensuring outputs are timely, well communicated and robust.
- Analyse and communicate key variances between actuals and Plan/Forecasts to drive actions in the Business Unit.
- Work with the Business Unit Director and Global Design Financial Director to deliver the agreed financial targets of the business unit, with a ‘no surprise’ culture
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to understand their business needs, and encourage / attract regional colleagues to work with the GECs and GSSC.
- Provide an effective spotlight on key financial issues including billable hours, billability, indirect costs and overheads
- Support and challenge business initiatives and investments
- Take responsibility for the financial performance & work with the In Country Accountant and shared resources to deliver on statutory, legal and tax compliance.
- Ensure that the shared service team delivers efficient and effective services
- Develop and deliver a mid/long term strategy to effectively manage (at or below benchmark) the major cost items of People, Facility? Housing & IT.
- Ensure a successful implementation of the Arcadis Way change program.
- Ability and willingness to manage other aspects of business as needed
- Ensure compliance with the Arcadis Global and Global Design processes & policies.
- Manage local relationships with banks, tax authorities and auditors.
- Support the delivery of the People & Culture plan to enable a People First culture that progresses the business towards being an employer of choice and a great place to work
- Ensure effective communication with stakeholders of the Global Design charging and operating model.
- Proactively manage risks and opportunities to maximize value
Knowledge & Experience:
- Professional experience of 10 years or more in finance.
- Solid understanding of local laws and regulations with particular emphasis on SEZ related laws in India
- Strong commercial acumen and experience
- Excellent communication and stakeholder relationship building skills
- Experience of working in a medium/large organization
- Excel & ERP to a medium proficiency. Oracle experience a preference.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Able to think and act in a proactive and independent manner
- Able to ensure decisions are made in contentious areas thereby ensuring timely closure
- Able to manage relationships with senior stakeholders
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Experience in a similar industry desirable
- Experience working as a business partner and with projects preferable
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Culturally adoptive
- Well-developed verbal and written English
- Adaptable in the face of new challenges
- Demonstrates commitment to team success
- Full accounting and/or controlling qualification
- Strong preference for qualified Chartered Accountant
Content Development (Chartered Accountant) – Freelancing Opportunity Full Time, Freelance/Homebased