CIB – Securities Services Operations – Financial Reporting – Associate
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Financial Analyst/ Associate/ Sr Associate
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CAMBA/PGDM
Company Name JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Company DetailsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
The candidate should have 7-8 years or more experience in a fund accounting/ financial reporting/financial statement audit environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation & review from both a detail and quality perspective including application of IFRS and US GAAP. The candidate should ideally have experience in management of a team of 6-10 people/ should be a CA /CPF/MBA (Finance).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detailed review of primary financial statements (annual and interim) & all related notes in accordance with accounting and regulatory disclosure requirements (IFRS, US GAAP in particular) within agreed client deadlines & SLA’s
- Audit and resource planning with internal parties and for financial reporting teams
- Analytical review of year on year movements within financial statements and related notes
- Consistency review and management across financial statements for large clients throughout the year and relevant audit and interim cycles
- Ongoing analysis of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
- Identify and correct misstatements within the accounting records in line with GAAP required disclosures, ability to identify and escalate potential audit findings and adjustments within the primary financial statements
- Able to resolve the team queries & act as a reference point for junior team members on technical, accounting and audit related matters
- Liaise with partner sites for external deliveries and communicate status effectively and in a timely manner
- Interaction with stakeholders to respond to any accounting or financial reporting-related queries that may arise.
- Recognise and act on opportunities to improve processes including developing and making recommendations for change and encourage the team to come with ideas for effeciency
- To ensure all the risk and control checks are in place and team adhere and follow all required checklists and SOPS, ensure they are up to date post-audit cycles
- Liaise with OCM (internal control) team on any issues that arise that need to be reviewed
- To manage team‘s Objective setting, Performance review and providing ongoing feedback for direct reports and wider teams
- To work with local and global management team as and when required, providing timely updates and MIS