Associate Investment Officer
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Others
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation Any Post Graduation
Company Name Asian Development Bank(ADB)
Company DetailsAsian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
• Undertakes the preparation of credit monitoring reports (annual, semiannual or quarterly);
• Analyzes client financial data, problems and remedial actions, and performs valuation of equity based on standard financial models;
• Works with dealing officers regarding warning signals or potential problems in transactions and design and coordinating remedial action; and
• Participates in missions related to monitoring of projects.
• Ensures adherence by clients to their obligations for submission to ADB of periodic reports on time and accurately and make follow-ups;
• Undertakes communication with clients in case of covenant breaches or unexpected developments in a transaction;
• Works with clients and other PSPM staff to design remedial measures (waivers, demand letters, others) and implements them jointly with other ADB departments (Office of Risk Management, Office of the General Counsel, Treasury Department, Controller’s Department and others);
• Monitors the development effectiveness parameters and environmental and social management system compliance of transactions for compilation in PSOD’s Development Effectiveness Report;
• Implements technical advisory programs arranged for clients or projects; and
• Supports client-relationship management and participates in face to face meetings and/or business trips
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related fields, preferably with Master’s degree of equivalent
• At least 6 years of relevant work experience in credit lending and equity investments in financial institutions, preferably with a leading international financial institution, investment bank, infrastructure fund or consultancy firm; experience in corporate finance, project finance or infrastructure finance will be an added advantage;
• Excellent understanding of finance business principles and strong skills in client management.
• Strong financial and credit analysis skills in multiple financial products including loan, equity investments, and guarantee.
• Strong analytical thinking skills, with ability to comprehend causal links, make pros-and-cons analysis, and analyze factors to reach a decision.
• Ability to independently identify tasks and priorities within the area of responsibility and to formulate and execute plans for the completion of such tasks.
• Proven ability to undertake research and analysis on difficult tasks.
• Ability to collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and organizing the data, and prepare notes, papers and detailed, reports.
• Skills and confidence required to conduct discussions and negotiations with clients with limited supervision.
• Ability to work with teams in a multicultural setting and guide junior staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English