Associate, General Partner Accounting
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CA
Company Name BlackRock's
Company DetailsBlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
YOUR DAILY TASKS MAY INCLUDE:
- Partnering directly with a multi-functional and multi-national team that includes Portfolio Management teams, Human Resources, Tax, Legal, Revenue and Compensation Accounting and third-party fund administrators, to administer the Company’s carried interest plans.
- Communicating with management of all levels throughout the organization to obtain a complete understanding of carry plans from inception through dissolution and documenting plan details.
- Maintaining accurate and timely plan data by General Partner entity, plan and participant. Establish open communication lines with appropriate partners, especially in Human Resources.
- Maintaining US GAAP and tax balances for reporting in the Oracle General Ledger and for reporting to plan participants.
- Directly supervising three analysts.
- Producing periodic (quarterly/annual) management reports on the Company’s General Partner entities and related carried interest allocations to participants.
- Producing and distributing periodic participant capital statements and payments to participants.
- Establishing regular communications with the Revenue Accounting and Compensation Accounting teams regarding recognition of carried interest revenue and expense.
- Establishing and reconciling operating and reserve bank accounts.
- Preparing payment requests for General Partner capital calls, tax payments and other invoices.
- Preparing monthly journal entries, expense allocations and account reconciliations.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and reporting requests.
- An accounting degree.
- 3-5 years’ experience working within a financial services or banking platform, with fund administration duties a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to clearly communicate with global partners.
- Chartered accountant or chartered accountant track.
- Experience in the preparation of internal management reports, tax reporting and/or financial statements, particularly in a large, multi-national company.
- Supervisory experience.
- A proven track record of delivering quality results in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Strong organization skills and an attentiveness to detail while meeting critical deadlines.
- An ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with multiple competing priorities
- A strong drive to continuously improve through technology solutions and innovation.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.