Associate, Fund Accounting (Private Equity)
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Financial Analyst/ Associate/ Sr Associate
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Accounts,Finance,Tax,Audit
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation CACPA
Company Name Ares Management Corporation
Company DetailsAres Management Corporation (“Ares” or the “Firm”) is a publicly traded, leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $197 billion of assets under management ("AUM"), (1) and over 1,450 employees. We seek to deliver attractive performance to our investor base across our investment groups and strategies, including credit, private equity, real estate, and strategic initiatives. The firm is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices across the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia. Its common units are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "ARES".
Be a member of a small team focused on Private Equity Fund Accounting, initially supporting the investment property financial performance and analysis
• Ensure process and procedures created for property level financials are adequate to meet quality standards and are consistently applied and regularly reviewed.
• Initially, work with and liaise with internal resources (primarily colleagues in the U.S.) and external property JV partners. Long term will also work with fund administrators and external auditors to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines.
• Perform monthly and quarterly close processes, including compilation and standardization of property level financial statements, cash forecast, deal flows, along with producing original workpapers and analysis.
• Long term will also review and/or reperform quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for multiple funds as well as capital account summaries for limited partners.
• Review deal models to make sure forecasted/budgeted distributions are in line with actual distributions. Work with JV partners to make such cash flow distributions to respective funds.
• Maintain deal flows and calculation of preferred return to run waterfall calculations at the JV level.
• Understand waterfall and promote concepts
• Analyze daily cash management, including activity around expected settlement timing of purchases and sales, and timing of capital calls and capital distributions.
• Prepare and assist with ad-hoc limited partner reporting, analyst and front-office requests, working in conjunction with colleagues in Los Angeles to ensure timely response to our investors
• Assist with preparation of information provided to tax team for quarterly tax estimates and annual returns.
• Review and approval of expense activity, including T&E.
• Actively work on continuous improvement as we work to build out our new Ares India office.
• Approximately 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Chartered Accountant or CPA license preferred
• Bachelors’ degree in related field (Finance, Accounting or Economics) from accredited institution
• Big-4 public accounting experience strongly preferred, ideally the clients being real estate funds.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment; excited about working in a start-up environment with the backing and infrastructure of a well-established industry leader
• Excited about team building
• Strong communication skills will be important; ability to analyze and summarize complex information both verbally and in writing with colleagues in the United States
• Ability to assist in managing several third-party relationships (JV partners, outside administrators; custodians)
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; ability to multi-task and manage various deadlines
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and timelines required
• Knowledge of real estate fund structures, investment property structures, alternative investments, securitization, or other investment products preferred
• Experience with certain systems (Advent Geneva; Investran; Black Mountain) experience a plus; requires day to day use of Excel (with advanced skills in Excel being a plus)