Associate – Equity Trading Ops
Gender No Preferences
Job Role Others
Career Level Qualified Professional - Experienced
Functional Area Others
Graduation Any Graduation
Post Graduation Any Post Graduation
Company Name Morgan Stanley
Company DetailsSince 2007 Morgan Stanley has been expanding its own fully-owned premier investment banking and sales & trading platform in India, providing a full range of investment banking, sales & trading, fixed income, commodities, and derivative products, as well as research services. Morgan Stanley are continuing to build on this existing platform in India within the Derivatives Operations division to recognize and match the global needs of our clients. A successful applicant will be part of an exciting opportunity to work within a well-established team responsible for supporting part of the Global Equity Derivatives Business, specifically Delta One Structured Products (DSP). The team will be responsible for elements of global middle office processes that are being consolidated with Morgan Stanley India.
Scope and Purpose of the Role:
The primarily function within the team is the completion of daily tasks, including (but not limited to):
– Reconciliation of Trader-s Risk products and positions to Firm books and records and investigation and resolution of breaks.
– Monitoring of specific system error queues, which require investigation and resolution to ensure the trade flows downstream.
– Reconciliation of Swap Vs Hedge positions.
– Reconciliation of internal interest rate swaps.
– Processing upcoming swaps maturities.
– Investigation and resolution of realised cash flow breaks.
– Production and distribution of swap reporting highlighting specific exceptions that require specific actions to resolve.
– Maintaining swap shells, to include and not limited to schedules, profiles, resets.
The role involves building and maintaining relationships with the regional DSP Middle Office Teams, the Business Unit, IT and other operational support areas to ensure that controls are maintained and breaks are understood and resolved in a timely manner.
Skills/Qualifications required –
Minimum Bachelor or Masters degree
– Strong numeracy and analytical skills
– Accuracy, attention to detail, good organisation skills
– High level English
– Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, and/or other relevant applications
Previous Experience Required –
4 -5 years of previous trade support role experience with exposure to trade life cycles and process flows, reconciliation and control functions.
– Exposure to equity swaps or vanilla equity derivatives.
– Experience of servicing and working for and with a global network of people.