Finance Controller - Head/ VP/ GM/ Director
Strategy, Consulting, Corporate Planning
Work from Office
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation company (Part of 23 Billion USD Syngenta Group) dedicated to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
To learn more visit: www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com
About this Job:
Role title : Financial Compliance Analyst
Location : Pune
- To provide financial compliance expertise and monitor Syngenta Internal Controls Framework (ICF), with focus on Process Level & Company Level controls compliance.
- To work on continuous improvements projects within financial compliance areas
- Act as independent control auditor and assess critically of test results
- Execution of independent management walkthroughs and testing as per agreed scoping provided by Global Financial Compliance
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of various financial compliance reporting activities and liaise with control performers for clarifications and agreement on remediation actions.
- Ensure that all compliance documents are stored centrally in document library/sharepoint to meet applicable statutory requirements.
Critical success factors & key challenges:
- Strong awareness of Financial Risk & Controls and effective ways of risk management
- Strong, effective communication in relation to key stakeholders (global, regional, local), including senior managers
- Global player: ability to think globally but to work effectively on regional and local level by considering different cultures and ways of working
- Stay abreast of changing rules and legislation; and the implement the ongoing testing requirements and documentation accordingly.
- High degree of intellectual curiosity; ability to self-learn and to continuously identify areas of improvement in existing processes
- Deep understanding of financial compliance and internal controls concepts
- Solid understanding of control documentation requirements and how it is implemented / sustained
- Excellent communication skills, knowledge of internal controls, business process best practices within agrochemicals/manufacturing environment, and auditing techniques
- Knowing about and be partly trained in PCAOB, COSO & US/China SOX requirements
Basic knowledge of IFRS
Experience & Capabilities
- Accounting / Finance graduation qualification
- 2/3 years of audit experience in a decentralized environment.
- Good and firm understanding in the design, implementation and monitoring of internal controls, risk libraries and compliance process management
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Ability to handle multiple and shifting priorities without losing focus is necessary.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, including strong English skills (written and spoken); must be able to communicate well with senior management in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to communicate complicated issues in an easy to understand and concise method.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, high-energy, motivated, enthusiastic with an outgoing, can-do attitude.
- Ability to drive changes and implementation of processes and standards.
- Personal computer skills are required and advanced skills with excel, word and access is desirable.
Note: Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status