We are looking for a Financial Controller to lead the controlling activities in India and Sri Lanka, and support the Nike India Sales & Marketing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of statutory & tax accounting, controllership activities including close and controls activities, and team coaching and development. The candidate will also partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure good governance in risk & compliance management, and drive functional simplification opportunities.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
(1) Business Excellence
* Drive and maintain integrity of financial statements and compliance with US GAAP, IND-AS and internal control requirements for 4 legal entities. This may involve working with cross-functional teams
* Ensure that all statutory filing requirements are met. This may include working with cross-functional teams like Tax and Legal and may involve managing relevant government authorities including Customs and Tax
* Support cross-functional initiatives and process improvement projects
(2) Business Insights / Decision Support
* Collaborate with various enabling functions and business teams to assess and operationalize new business strategies or arrangements for any financial or controls impacts to ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures
* Provide decision-making support related to country specific regulations
(3) People Leadership
* Drive performance management and development of a Controlling team of 6 team members, by ensuring proper resource planning, coaching, development and performance management
* Develop influential and collaborative relationships across teams and functions
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will work with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external. Internally, this role is part of the India country leadership team, and also part of the SEA&I Controlling team. Externally, this role may liaise with government authorities in India such as tax and customs, and auditors, bankers and consultants for the various statutory, tax and business issues.
WHAT YOU BRING TO NIKE
* 6-10 years’ experience with the Big 4 and large MNCs, with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Commerce/Business and a CA professional qualification.
* Ability to work collaboratively and influence with multi-cultural business partners/stakeholders
* Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams through effective teamwork and developing team members
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong business acumen, with ability to translate business requirements into financial risks and controls
* Experience in ERP systems, SAP experience desired