- • Verify trade set up and trade modifications.
- • Ensure the accuracy and appropriateness of accounting entries and perform daily / weekly / monthly control activities for the Capital Markets’ portfolios. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining the ledgers, and identifying, investigating, and resolving system-to-system reconciliation and accounting flow breaks
- • Monitor and analyze accounting results as they relate to the Capital Markets’ portfolios, to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or deviations (if any) are justified and adequately documented.
- • Review for quality assurance of market data, evaluate data sources, and verify the data for reliability
- • Develop expectations, perform analysis, prepare, and present sign-off commentaries, suggest, and implement solutions in a pro-active manner
- • Prepare various financial and management reports, as required by the department or other stakeholders.
- • Support institutional projects, business initiatives and new product implementations, as and when required. This would include performing requirement gathering and documentation, design review and analysis, user acceptance testing, implementation and maintenance of systems supporting various portfolios.
- • Collaborate with business and information technology teams across locations to address system issues and implement solutions promptly.
- • Assist in coordination with or responding to requests from external and internal auditors.
- • Provide services to clients within and outside the Bank by providing financial information and assistance, as needed.
- • Proactively interact with Treasury (TRE) and other business units, as required to stay abreast of new / proposed activities that may have accounting, valuation or reporting implications.
- • Stay abreast of accounting pronouncements and industry best practices as they relate to accounting / pricing of financial instruments.
- • Continually look for opportunities to improve processes and internal controls. Be responsible for promoting controls and ensuring compliance in WFA.
- • Maintain and develop processes, procedures, documentation, and internal controls around portfolios handled, with the objective of increasing efficiency and accuracy.